The process of guidance
(Civil Law and Administrative Law)
I. General prerequisite of the consultation
You are welcome to contact us for legal questions in the field of civil law (which also includes labour law) and administrative law (which also includes social law). The consultation by us is free of charge.
However, we cannot advise you on
- Cases whose value in dispute is over 1000 €,
- Cases in which no neediness can be established,
- cases where there is an urgent deadline (i.e. at least deadlines of less than one month),
- and cases that involve tax, criminal or regulatory offences.
II. Your possibilities to ask for legal advice
The easiest way to request legal advice is to contact us in two ways:
- First, you can use the contact form on the right to contact us in writing.
- You can also make a verbal request by telephone. In this case you can simply leave a message on the mailbox, giving us your name and telephone number. We will call you back within three working days. You can reach us at
Important: Despite the possibility of making an enquiry by telephone, the consultation will still only take place in writing (see below under point III. Procedure of the consultation). Up to now, our consultation hours are unfortunately only available for matters relating to asylum law.
III. Procedure of the consultation
The advice is given exclusively in writing by e-mail. A verbal consultation does not take place. In detail, the counselling is carried out as follows:
- First of all, we will take up your request, which has reached us in writing or orally via the channels mentioned in point II. above, and check whether the general conditions for consultation mentioned in point I. above are met.
- We will then write to you to let you know whether we can provide advice or, if not, what reasons prevent us from doing so.
- If we are able to do so, we will look for a team of advisors within the association (regularly consisting of two members). (Since we work voluntarily in our spare time, it can happen, however, that in individual cases no team of advisors can be found).
- The team of advisors will contact you, clarify your situation further if necessary (as far as this has not yet been done - especially through your inquiry) and will finally ask you to give us a (free) consulting assignment after you have read our General Terms of Mandate.
- The consulting team will then carry out a legal examination based on your statements. For this purpose, a written expert opinion will be prepared on a regular basis, which will clearly explain the legal situation of your problem and point out various options for action with reference to their advantages and disadvantages. (As a matter of principle, therefore, we do not assume any representation of your person towards third parties).
- The result of the legal examination will be reviewed by one of our advisory boards (a fully qualified lawyer, which means this person has completed his legal studies and has completed his legal preparatory service) and will then be sent to you by the advisory team via e-mail.
- After the end of the consultation, your case data is archived in a completely anonymous form in order to provide future consultants with clues and tips for solutions. This enables us to guarantee even more efficient consulting in the future. (If you do not wish such archiving, you can object to it at any time.)